Village Church exists to reach people, revive believers, and renew our community.
CHRIST COMMUNITY CHURCH CONNECTION
Village Church is a church plant of Christ Community Church in Columbus, Georgia. In 2014, the leadership at Christ Community Church felt God’s calling to plant a church in Phenix City, Alabama. What began in September 2014 as a satellite campus with simulcast messages has grown into a thriving church with its own pastor, staff, and board. Village Church functions independently but remains accountable to the leadership at Christ Community Church.
RIVER OF LIFE STRATEGY
The extraordinary life God offers is made possible as we surrender our lives to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and move deeper into five basic purposes of the Christian life.
- We WORSHIP by celebrating and loving God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.
- We GROW in discipleship through the study and application of God's Word.
- We CONNECT with other Christians in authentic Biblical community.
- We SERVE others around us by using our gifts and talents.
- We LIVE out our lives at home and in the world as faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
Together these five purposes make up what we call the “River of Life," a concept inspired by the prophet Ezekiel's picture of life in God as a great river (Ezekiel 47:9). Extraordinary life happens when we receive Christ into our hearts and allow His life to flow through us to help others.
- Passionate Spirituality: Because God is our source of life, we pursue Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. This value is demonstrated by a daily commitment to worship, prayer, and the Word that is openly expressed not only at church, but at home, work, and play (Jeremiah 29:13, Mark 12:30, John 15:5).
- Authentic Relationships: Because God created us for community, we devote ourselves to building healthy relationships. This value is demonstrated by engaging in life together with transparency, humility, compassion and a commitment to speaking the truth in love (Acts 2:42-47, Romans 12:15-16, Ephesians 4:14-15, I John 4:10-12).
- Environment of Grace: Because God accepts us and wants to make us whole, we freely extend His grace to everyone. This value is demonstrated by modeling mutual acceptance in a way that welcomes the broken, promotes forgiveness, allows freedom to fail, and brings out God's best in everyone (Romans 15:7, II Corinthians 12:9, Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Unity in Diversity: Because God unites us in the essentials, we can celebrate diversity in the non-essentials. This value is demonstrated by maintaining a shared loyalty to Jesus Christ, our mission, and our core beliefs while promoting a diversity of spiritual gifts, and racial, social, and spiritual backgrounds (John 17:20-23, I Corinthians 12:4-6, Galatians 3:28, Titus 3:9).
- Wholehearted Service: Because God is worthy, we give Him the best of what He has given to us. This value is demonstrated by a willingness to enthusiastically give our time, talents, and treasures in a way that honors God and inspires others (I Chronicles 21:24 and 29:10-14, Matthew 25:14-29, Colossians 3:23-24).
- Intentional Outreach: Because God loves lost people, we love lost people. This value is demonstrated by personally and corporately focusing time, attention, and resources toward people outside the church — locally, regionally, and globally (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Romans 10:14-15).
Our staff follows a set of written Operational Values that provide a blueprint for how we operate and relate to one another, both within the staff and with the Village Church family as a whole.
FREE METHODIST DENOMINATION
Village Church is a part of the Free Methodist Church denomination, which is based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Founded in 1860, today the Free Methodist Church exists throughout the United States and on almost every continent in the world. As part of the Free Methodist Church, we are accountable to godly leadership and are part of a worldwide body of believers. We don’t operate in isolation; we share in the work of Free Methodists throughout the world. Learn more by visiting the Free Methodist Church website or signing up for our next Discover class, where you can learn more about our local church and the denomination.